- Choose organic whenever you can.
- Wash vegetables thoroughly.
- For added flavour & nutritional goodness leave skins on where possible.
- Cook double the amount & freeze – a convenient way to have a nutritional lunch when time is against you.
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil or butter (if preferred)
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 parsnip, chopped
- 2 litres vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper, to flavour
- Place coconut oil (or butter) in a large pot on a medium heat. When melted add the onion, potato & leek. Fry for 2 minutes then cover & sweat for 8 minutes.
- Add the stock, carrots, parsnips & celery, lower the heat & simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Season to taste, serve chunky or blitz.