Gingery Broccoli and Beef
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound beef – petite sirloin steaks cut into very thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds, ground/milled
- 2 teaspoons ginger, fresh grated
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 heads broccoli cut into florets (about 2 cups)
- 2 large carrots thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil and garlic in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced beef and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, and brown.
- Remove beef from pan to a side dish, and get rid of excess juice left in pan.
- In a small bowl mix lemon juice, milled flaxseed, grated ginger, freshly ground black pepper and red pepper flakes with 1/4 cup chicken stock.
- Heat pan again over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil when pan is hot.
- Add broccoli and carrots to pan. Pour liquid ingredients on top and toss to coat.
- Cook over medium heat until broccoli is tender.
- Return the beef to the pan and add the onion. (Add extra chicken broth if preferred.)
- Stir beef in until it’s coated with sauce and let simmer for a few minutes until beef warmed through.
- Serve as is or with a portion of quinoa/ brown rice.