- Choose organic whenever you can.
- Wash vegetables thoroughly.
- For added flavour & nutritional goodness leave skins on where possible.
- Cook double the amount & freeze – a convenient way to have a nutritional lunch when time is against you.
- 25gr, butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded & chopped)
- 2 Medium potatoes, cubed
- 50ml chicken stock
- Salt & pepper to season
- Melt butter on a medium heat.
- Cook the onion, celery, carrot, potatoes & squash for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil & simmer for 40 minutes (or until the vegetables are tender).
- Season, serve chunky or blitz.